Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Bruno Dayan

Bruno Dayan; I've only recently come across his work, but I'm quite impressed. I suggest taking a look at this portfolio.

© Bruno Dayan Photography

His images have such an appeal to me: they are beautiful, they are sensual, they are provocative, they are moody. Each photo encompasses great skill and his portfolio is wholly impressive. I find his work to be moving and complex, as the man uses and sculpts many lights. He has a skill set I admire greatly and interesting painterly compositions with new edge to them.

He uses multiple exposures beautifully and seamlessly. He has excellent models and uses their abilities well, creating an expanse of images worth display. Looking at his work, I admirably note how vital good makeup is and how it can really create much needed tension. My own weaknesses as a photographer manifest in my attempts to comprehend the processes of these photographs, but they compel me to think and to create, for this is an inspiration.

1 comment: