Monday, June 22, 2009

Paco Peregrin and Burial/Four Tet


© Paco Peregrin

I don't know who this guy is, I don't know where he came from, but I am glad I came across his stuff. Take the time and browse his website. From his bio he appears to be a Spanish photographer, who, as it seems, has an eye for style, grace and composition. He studied as a painter and it makes sense, looking at his work, which, for all intensive purposes, is pretty fucking good.

When I was over at Impact Digital with my class a few months back, the head of the retouching department said that a lot of the guys working there had painting backgrounds, and, now, in my own pursuits, I find myself gravitating towards heading back into painting. Not that I don't paint now, which I do, but I do bullshit abstract stuff with colors that I pass off as painting. I really need to get my hands on some oils, a good teacher, and start to explore the other world of capturing expression.

And this song, called Moth by Burial and Four Tet, is FUCKING AWESOME.

No comments:

Post a Comment